We're looking for some new people.
We’re expanding and winning new clients, which means we need some great new people to join our already fantastic team. If you think you fit the bill for any of these vacancies, we’d love to hear from you. Even if you don’t see your dream job, we’d still love to hear from you. So get in touch.
2–5 years experience.
A week in the life of an Artworker at Thompson is about as varied as you can get. With this sits the opportunity to have an influence over almost every project that comes through our doors, a high level of responsibility, and the knowledge that the business wouldn’t operate effectively without you.
From helping us to establish a new client relationship for the first time, to being the last pair of eyes on most jobs before they leave the building, you get a taste of it all.
You sit down on Monday morning to take a look at your planner for the week. Your list of clients and projects is the longest of all, but you’re excited, you love multitasking, and one of your first jobs is artworking the packaging for a beautiful new drinks brand that’s due to launch in a few weeks’ time. You’re organised and like to plan ahead, so you scan across the rest of the week and begin to get an idea of what else there is to come — you know that projects and requirements can change quickly, so you figure out what flexibility you’ve got to move things around and squeeze in potential last minute amends on an annual report for the NHS.
As the week progresses we get the RAW images back from a recent photoshoot for you to make a recommendation on the final selection. Working with the design team you begin to craft them into a beautiful case study. Then we get a new business opportunity at short notice. All hands on deck. You’ve got the best knowledge of anyone on our client credentials so you immediately get to work pulling the best of the best together to tell the story of how Thompson has helped similar clients change their game. Your attention to detail is excellent and you noticed some typos just minutes before the document is due to be sent. With support from the Client Services team and the Creative Director we hit the deadline. It looks fantastic.
By the end of the week you’ve prepared packaging artwork with specialist finishes, retouched photos, created a new business pitch document, amended the designs of a brochure and created some new assets for a website. Time to power down, recharge, and look forward to the start of another busy week at Thompson.
- One of the most highly regarded agencies in the north, with a great reputation for design work that inspires our clients, our people, attracts recognition and wins awards.
- Exciting social and supportive environment.
- Individual personal development scheme.
- Competitive salary dependent upon experience, plus benefits.
Senior Creative Full-stack Developer
Thompson is a brand strategy and design company with a digital focus. We’ve been around for over 30 years and have worked in just about every sector, fuelling our belief that effective branding requires the widest possible understanding of business, consumer behaviour and the world around us.
Creative excellence is central to everything that we do and our digital output is no exception. The agency’s digital work has been recognised by DBA, Design Week, Drum Design, Drum Roses, Drum DADI and Big Chip and we see this appointment as being key to our continued success.
We are looking for a Senior Creative Full-stack Developer who will be the voice of the agency on the power of code in brand identity and design. You will have a restless desire and drive to keep on top of industry developments and be energised by the prospect of working in a small multidisciplinary design team comprising, graphic, digital, motion and 3D designers where you can put those learnings into practice. The ideal fit would be a candidate who is ambitious and keen to have a genuine influence — helping to shape the growth of our digital capability.
Key skills and experience:
- 5+ years in top agencies creating award winning websites and applications
- Familiar and comfortable working with Gulp/Grunt and Git
- A keen eye for design and ability to use Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch and InVision
- Creatively minded, brand focussed and ideas driven
- Analytical and inquisitive, with excellent attention to detail
- Understanding of Google Analytics and ability to create basic reports
- Confident in front of clients and able to present work effectively
- Server setup and management skills
- Approachable, personable with an enthusiastic nature and passion for excellence
- Self-motivated and a good team player
- Reliable, flexible and cooperative
- Drive to win creative awards
- Always learning and asking “what’s next” in the world of digital
- One of the most highly regarded agencies in the north, with a great reputation for design work that inspires our clients, our people and attracts recognition
- Exciting social and supportive environment
- Individual personal development scheme
Competitive salary dependent upon experience, plus benefits.Apply now