Thompson is a digital design and branding agency based in North Leeds, currently working remotely. We work across a range of sectors including health, wellbeing, charity/not for profit and property.
We’ve been around for a long time, so we have great clients and a great reputation, but the management team is young(ish) and determined to do things differently. We support remote and flexible working, promote local businesses, champion women in the boardroom and LGBTQIA+ rights. We don’t believe in asking anyone to work for free, even at the start of their careers, so only offer paid living wage internships. Our event series, Openhouse, helps us find inspiration in the most remote corners, and helps us cook up new ideas.
The creative industries can be busy and sometimes pressured and it’s true, we work hard, but we work just as hard at creating a fair, open culture, and welcome feedback from everyone to get us there. We talk about our wellbeing and encourage others to do the same. We take a non-hierarchical approach to project assignments; it’s about the best mix of skills, as well as helping people to pursue their own interests and aspirations.
Thompson believes in promoting inclusion and diversity and in helping combat systemic racism, sexism and other forms of oppression. We use our voice and business to actively make a change in the wider world, not just in the creative world. That’s in who we choose to work with, in the way we speak to the world, our creative work, and the way we hire. We’re not perfect but we want to get better.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you are excited about working with us, but don’t meet every qualification listed, we still really encourage you to apply.
- 2–5 years experience
- Full time, 9am – 5.30pm Monday to Friday
- Start date ASAP
- Salary: £26k- £32k dependent upon experience, plus benefits.
- Top-spec Macbook Pro with Cinema Display
- Remote working
- Free office parking
- 10% commission on new business
- Tax-efficient Cycle to Work scheme
We are looking for a mid-level Brand Designer to join our award-winning team — someone with a curious and open mind, an obsession for design, a digital-first mindset and desire to discover what the future of brand-lead design might hold. Armed with 3–5 years’ experience at top agencies, you should be ideas-led and at ease working in both online and offline applications. You will inspire colleagues and clients with original thinking and be confident talking with people at all levels about their work.
The role demands a natural enthusiasm for storytelling, a solid understanding of what makes a great idea, the ability to produce relevant and inspirational visual identities and an understanding of how client objectives can be achieved in a multi-channel way. A fantastic portfolio of projects with a variety of clients is a must.
On top of these design credentials, we’re looking for someone eager to contribute to and inspire our team, as well as support creative innovation across the company. Work will comprise of brand identity design and development, rollout, website and application design, campaign content, print and environmental design. The ability to bring your designs to life with motion graphics or moving image would be a bonus.
- Originate strong creative ideas time and time again.
- Offer creative input across multi-channel platforms.
- Support the Creative Director and Head of Writing in growing client accounts by developing bold ideas that have lasting impact.
- Partner with the digital team to realise innovative thinking.
- Deliver a broad range of brand-led design projects across digital and non-digital.
- Ability to work on motion graphics and video projects is a bonus.
- Design and deliver creative presentations to clients in a compelling way with support from the Creative Director and Client Services team.
- Collaborate with our freelance network to delivery award-winning work.
- Help lead the design vision of the agency.